Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day 1


So I started working on A Long Night in Connors Grove during my lunch hour today and hope to get back to it for a while this evening. I'm feeling pretty good about it (not that I've had time to get discouraged yet). But to help me stay inspired I read the second installment of Chris Well's NaNo interviews: with Chris Mikesell, who was a NaNoWriMo winner last year. He has some good suggestions, but I wish I'd had his advice about junk food sooner -- I stocked up on Brach's Spice Drops last night. But I figure the blog will help me follow another bit of advice -- accountability. I'll have to maintain some kind of word count since I've publicly committed to this project. And anyone who knows me is free to send me the occasional chiding e-mail.

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

Don't forget to get some physical exercise. I read a book on writing where the author said he could foretell a writer's probability of succeeding by how physically in shape he kept himself--not by how talented he was. Energy breeds energy.
Probably not what you wanted to hear. :-)