Thursday, May 17, 2007

Commendable linkage

Absent thoughts of my own, let me share some of the excellent thoughts of others:

Blogger extraordinaire Scot McKnight has some good advice for would-be (and current) bloggers. What's even better, he practices what he preaches.

Folks at Faith in Fiction are still discussing the Daily Sacrament contest. I didn't enter because I just couldn't seem to come up with a story that didn't feel forced. But some excellent writers did enter. The winner and runner-up stories (by Don Hoesel and Angie Poole) will be published in Relief, Issue 3. But as a taste of what was submitted, Dave Long published (April 27) a few "stories of merit" at Faith in Fiction and now at least one person has also posted the story she submitted: Jeanne Damoff posted her beautiful story "What's Left of Destiny" at The Master's Artist today. If this is representative of the quality of stories that didn't win, I wouldn't have stood a chance, anyway.

I've been playing around with the blog again. On the right you'll see a set of links to my most recent bookmarks in del.icio.us. I don't know if I'll leave it that way or not, but it's one way of seeing what I'm currently impressed by. (Be sure and check out the Internet Monk post, Grace is as Dangerous as Ever. Awesome.) What I really need is 3 columns, but I haven't figured out how to get that, yet. I have no CSS skills whatsoever.

No comments: