Sunday, February 01, 2009

February is for ...

Writing. A friend of mine here likes to tackle a NaNo-like task (that's 50,000 words in a month) during February instead of November. A few of us have joined her in the effort this year and so today I'm starting a major rewrite of Secrets in Connors Grove. (That's the novel I wrote about 5 years ago and have fiddled around with off and on since then.)

I haven't done much writing for several months, but I want to get back into the groove again. I'm rusty and I figure 28 days of steady effort should help. I know this novel can be better than it is -- the characters need to be more real, the conflict needs to be less contrived, and the story can be tighter. I think I am a better writer than I was 5 years ago, so we'll see what I can do with it.

I may or may not post some word counts. We'll see.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

I remember your novel title from way back when! I wish you all the best this February as you work your way through it again. I know what you're up against! Mine is a romance, so thankfully only 55K. It's gonna be a lot of work but I'm actually quite excited about it.

Hope to see you around again!