Tuesday, March 04, 2008

R.I.P.

Larry Norman -- the Christian rock pioneer paved the way for a lot of the music I loved when I first discovered Christian rock (and I sang "I Wish We'd All Been Ready" many many times at camp). I was sorry to hear last week that he had died, but he left a legacy and witness that will live long after his time on this earth. His joy in Jesus always came through, no matter what his circumstances.

Jeff Healey
-- If all you know of Jeff Healey was his hit "Angel Eyes" then you need to do yourself a favor and find some of his other work. He was an incredibly talented blues guitarist and died too soon (last weekend) at age 41. His album "Cover to Cover" is surprisingly good, considering it's covers of other material. But then, a lot of his covers are better than the originals (for example "Stuck in the Middle with You"). And I have a live set from Montreaux in 1999 that includes an absolutely blistering version of "My Guitar Gently Weeps."

No comments: