Monday, July 31, 2006

Tomorrow is ...

August 1. And that means a bunch of bloggers (including me) will be posting the first chapter of a new novel by Creston Mapes: Full Tilt. It's the second in his Dark Star chronicles. I suspect after you read it, you're going to want to read the rest of the book. It certainly piqued my interest. More tomorrow.

And, I've posted my Notes from the Windowsill column for August: Single-minded Pursuit.

Coming up later this month: Chris Well is turning 40 and I think he must be a hobbit because he wants to give presents to all and sundry (or something like that). But instead of having a party in a large field, he wants everyone to go to Amazon and buy a copy of Deliver Us from Evelyn. OK, he'll get a present, too -- he's hoping that enough sales in a short period of time will push his book up to the No. 1 spot on Amazon. But in return, you'll get some cool stuff that isn't available to just anybody, including stories, his famous lists, and a sneak preview of Kingdom Come (the next in the Kansas City series). He's got more details here.

No comments: