Thursday, February 23, 2006

Writing tips galore

OK, maybe that's hyperbole, but I came across some good essays about writing today, so I'll share.

The Preacher talks about his own writing from time to time and today's entry is especially good: Comedy and Horror. (That could apply to what most of us write before it's edited.)

Jordon's blog directed me to this essay at whatever about writing, aimed at non-writers, but very good for writers, too, especially the admonition to clarity. Most of us get tangled up in our ideas and words and then our readers get tangled up too. I see regular examples of this in administrative writing and the effect is mind-numbing. Simplicity is good.

Jeanne Damoff's post today at The Master's Artist is about having fun with words and she gives examples. Check the comments for more fun (and forgive my poetic fumblings).

No comments: