Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday reading

I've been busy this week, but not with blogging. I don't have much in the way of original thoughts today, but I did find some good reading elsewhere. Here's a list.

Jordon Cooper posted yesterday about the unproductive way we frame debate as Us vs. Them.
In a similar vein, Lisa Sampson linked to this article about the "separation of church and hate" on the BreakPoint Web site. It's all very thought-provoking and interesting.

Jordon also linked to this brief review of a book by Eugene Peterson that sounds like something I want to read. The book is called Eat this Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading. I also want to read another book by Peterson, Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places.

Speaking of reading, Mark has posted his thoughts about the differences in how men and women read novels and what that means for us as writers. Good stuff, professor.

No comments: