Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday news and views

If you've wondered where I've been, I was coordinator for an area women's retreat and it was this past weekend. We had a good weekend -- our speaker and worship leader was Ginger Millermon, who is a singer and speaker. She did a great job. Her message and music is very down-to-earth and I think a lot of us were touched and challenged. Still, I've relieved that this year's retreat is over. Being in charge of this thing is hard for me and I've wrestled with it a lot this year.

I have a new favorite album: The Chess Hotel, by The Elms. This is the best straight-up rock-n-roll I've heard in ages. I can see why this CD has gotten great reviews. I love this kind of stuff. It would be great to listen to in the car, turned up loud, with the windows down.

No comments: