Sunday, November 26, 2006

Eating and reading ...

Well, the eating was on Thanksgiving. It was a nice quiet day with my husband and sons. (My daughters spent Thanksgiving with other relatives.)

I also did some reading over the holiday. I read The Man with the Iron-on Badge, by Lee Goldberg. It's a fast, fun read, with interesting characters. When I finished it, I wanted more about Harvey Mapes and his girlfriend Carol.

Then I read Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman. It's good -- I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the language. He's an excellent writer. The problem? Now I want to read more of his books, like I don't already have enough to read. Oh, well.

I didn't do much writing, but I have posted my December Notes from the Windowsill column: Gifts.

1 comment:

Lee Goldberg said...

Linda,

Thank you for the kind words about MAN WITH THE IRON-ON BADGE. I'd like to see more of Harvey, too...I'm just waiting for a publisher to ask me for it!

Lee Goldberg
www.leegoldberg.com