Tuesday, November 21, 2006

List 'o links

I've been thinking a lot about some things lately -- mostly related to how we filter things through our own personal lenses -- but my thoughts aren't very organized so I think I'll save that rambling for another time.

In the meantime, here's some interesting things:

NPR is asking writers questions in honor of National Novel Writing Month and their answers are here. I'm always interested in this kind of thing -- it's encouraging and inspirational.

Here's a cool Bible searching tool (thanks Megan): Biiible, for the Google search freak (and that's not a typo). Since I memorized a lot of Scripture in the KJV as a kid, a lot of times when I'm trying to think of a verse, it's the King James that I think of. This searches that version; it also has some other tools. Pretty nifty.

The American Press Institute has Copy Editing Tools. Handy tool.

Last weekend our church had a video marriage conference: Love and Respect. Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and his wife have written a book by that title, and they do marriage conferences. It's good, balanced Bible-centered teaching about marriage. It's also based on sound research. It's worth checking out.

If you'll notice, that little bar in the sidebar is slowly moving to the right -- I'm getting some writing done on The Man Who Saw Dragons. It's not going fast, but I got over a rough spot this weekend, so I'm making some progress. I doubt I'll make 50,000 words, but I always figure any word count is an accomplishment.

No comments: