Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Art and faith, revisited (sort of)

Gina Holmes has an interesting interview (the first of three parts) with Ted Dekker at her blog, Novel Journey. Among the subjects Dekker touches on is his take on "Christian" fiction (read the interview to see what he says). Dee's post Monday at the Master's Artist also relates to the subject. As does Mark's on Friday (actually most of his Master's Artist posts do).

I find it worthwhile to follow this ongoing conversation among Christian writers, and not only because I am one. It seems to mesh in some ways with an idea that's been floating around my head for a while -- an idea we should be living lives of worship. I'm hardly a good example of this, but I keep coming back to the idea that everything I do should be for the Lord, whether it's my writing, my singing, my work or anything else I do as part of my daily life. And when I look at it that way, I realize that I should be offering my best to the Lord, who after all gave me the gifts I'm using. I'm not there yet.

2 comments:

David Meigs said...

Linda, Amen! I agree, we need worship to keep us focused above (instead of on each other). BTW, you’re right, that was an excellent interview.

Pilgrim said...

The son of missionaries to headhunters!Why does he need to turn to fiction?