Friday, December 30, 2005

The obligatory end-of-year post

(I hate coming up with titles.)

Yes, this is a bit of a look back, end-of-year sort of thing. I've been blogging since mid-March and I've written more than 220 posts. In many ways, its been a year of growing for me and the blog has been part of that. I started the blog because I thought it would be a way to get me to write some every day (or nearly every day), and it could be an outlet for my occasional opinions. But I've discovered that blogging is a communal activity in many ways. I hadn't been doing this very long before I discovered a few Christian writers who linked to Faith in Fiction, which led me there and I found an amazing community of writers. And they pointed me to wonderful books (Peace Like a River, Gilead) and opportunities to write and share.

So I've been writing more and I've found a few critique buddies and I've gotten to read some great books and converse with some fascinating people. I've had some rejections, but I've also had two stories published at Infuze and I'm writing a regular column for my church newsletter. I've got more story ideas than I know what to do with and I have a novel to revise and one to finish. I've learned a lot about faith and writing from wiser writers than I.

But more importantly, this year has been one of spiritual growth. I feel like I've come through a rather large desert and found an oasis. God is teaching me and blessing me and showing me ways I can serve him that I had never considered before.

So thanks to you folks who stop by from time to time and even leave me encouraging comments. You've been a very nice part of this year. Have a safe and happy weekend and I'll be back next year.

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Lindaruth,
I always enjoy visiting Kansas through your blog.
I also really enjoy reading the blogs of mature Christian women, out here in the blogosphere.
(And you can take that as a compliment. :-)
Best wishes for health and peace in the New Year.

David Meigs said...

I’ve not visited since last year, so I had to see what’s happening with the Gilmore Girl. I see that our paths last year were not that different. It’s a big world out there, but it’s made a little smaller by the cyber-friendships we make. I count you as one of mine. God bless you my sister.

Now, it’s a whole new year so get to posting already!