Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Here's some good stories

Later today, I'll post the next book I'm looking forward to, but in the meantime, I want to remind you that Dave Long has been posting some of the conversion stories (from the contest last fall) at Faith in Fiction. He started last week and he's continuing this week. Some of the stories are finalists, but he's thrown in a few extras for good measure, and they're all excellent -- well-written, engaging and highly original. I find myself thinking "I am not worthy," when I consider my own feeble effort. Mike Snyder's story "All Healed Up" is the most recent addition to the list and it's one of my favorites. So go catch up on your reading.

Added later: Robin Parrish has posted a look at what was learned in 2005, at least in regard to faith and creativity. It's great. And when I read it in light of the stories Dave's been posting, I can't help but feel optimistic about the prospects for truly innovative, original, ground-breaking storytelling that shines God's light in a most excellent way.

No comments: