Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The good thing about weakness

As I think I've mentioned in the past, I'm the coordinator for our area women's retreat this year. It starts Friday -- lets just say I've been stressing a bit. I keep wondering if I've done everything I need to or if all our plans are going to fall through. I find myself feeling like a failure. But then God steps in and reminds me that this is not all about me and how I look to other people -- it's about how he's going to touch the women who come to retreat. And he is totally in control of the details. I have been reminded several times over the last week or so just how much he is in control of the details. Key pieces of the program are falling into place and several women I've talked to have said how they are convinced God is going to do good things at retreat this year. (Of course, he always does.)

I've been reminded of a scripture verse -- 2 Cor. 4:7
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us."

Here's another verse, 2 Cor. 12:9
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. "

Amen.

No comments: