Thursday, October 06, 2005

Of writers and mad scientists

I'd never really considered how a writer might be like a mad scientist, until I read Chris' article on his writing blog today. Ver-r-r-y interesting. And the article has lots of good advice for how to approach writing 50,000 words in 30 days. Chris actually wrote a lot more than that last year and I've seen some of them. Pretty good stuff.

By the way, I think I have a title for my November novel -- Family Ties are for Hanging. It's a mystery starring a down-on-his-luck reporter named Adam Caldwell, Sam Beckett (his bartender/poet), and Marta (a woman he likes -- a lot). Let's just say they all have some issues in their families that are going to need resolution before all is said and done.

1 comment:

Mikesell said...

Thanks Linda. It was a fun piece to write. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

--Chris (dFm)