Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The end of an era

It feels like an era of Christian rock is coming to an end. Larry Norman recently played what is very likely his last U.S. concert.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Christian rock until I got to Bible college in 1975 and started hearing about Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill, the 2nd Chapter of Acts and a few others. It was wonderful to realize there was cool music praising God! (Except I think we were already singing "I Wish We'd All Been Ready" at camp.) Rock on, Larry.

2 comments:

TIMMY D said...

Hi! My name is Tim DeMoss. I’m a disc jockey from Pennsylvania and am in the process of writing Larry Norman’s biography. While I have a lot of material from interviews, time spent with Larry, and so forth, I believe a great way to tell his story is to invite others (like yourself) to share their stories of Larry as well. I did a “Yahoo” search, and your link/blog was one of those listed, so I wanted to extend the invitation to you to contribute. Personal interactions, concert experiences, how his music affected you and your friends/family, rumors you may have heard, questions you may have—those are all examples of how you might participate.

The details and background are at www.thelarrynormanstory.com. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Please also feel free to forward this on to anyone you believe would a) like to submit their thoughts or questions or b) simply be made aware of the biography’s progress and completion.

Thanks very much!

Sincerely,

Tim DeMoss
timmyd@wordfm.org
timmyd@safeplace.net

Anonymous said...

I love Randy Stonehill! I also love Keith Green, I know they were friends too. What passion for God, and what honest lyrics.

I am a musician and I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."