Friday, June 24, 2005

For your reading pleasure ...

Today let me steer you to some thoughtful, and thought-provoking, words from more articulate writers than I am.

First, let Mark take you to a cool, restful place where great literature is pondered and enjoyed. This is especially nice when you're in Kansas and it's already in the 80s and it's not even 9 a.m. yet.

Katy tells a delightful coffee story, which reminds me of one my favorite coffee places (in the past).

Then, allow Mick to encourage you to be inventive and innovative and excellent. I continue to be blessed by his humility and his sincere quest to be the writer God has called him to be. In the process, he's encouraging a lot of others to do the same. I don't know how innovative I am yet. I think I still need to learn the rules better before I start breaking them. But it's posts like Mick's that point me in the right direction.

And finally, Christianity Today's editorial really nails the issue (at least for me) of the intersection of faith and politics. (Thanks, Brad, for bringing this to my attention.)

May I add (at the risk of committing some blogging sins by editing this post):
The wisdom of Bill Watterson and the pointedness of Wiley Miller.

Further perusal of Tim Challies' excellent Web site turned up this review of a book about prayer that sounds excellent.

1 comment:

lindaruth said...

No, it doesn't make you a bad person, but I just thought that was funny. And I am often inspired and encouraged by your posts (whether I comment or not).
Linda