Monday, August 29, 2005

Just call me Charlie (as in Brown)

Today everything I touch breaks. I got to work this morning and the Internet was down (OK that wasn't my fault, but it was still frustrating). I filled the coffeepot with water, put the grounds in the basket, went to flip the switch to 'on' and the switch wouldn't move. Seriously. It's stuck in the 'off' position. It's very weird.

Now, this afternoon, I fear I've somehow broken the M&M dispenser. See, there's a candy dispenser in our unit that we keep filled with M&Ms. Put in a penny, turn the lever, and lovely chocolate goodies come out. A few minutes ago I decided I needed an M&M fix, took my pennies out to the machine, turned the crank and got a few, put the second penny in, turned the crank and it stuck. Yes, that's right, the little turny thing won't turn anymore. I broke it.

I'm now in my office with the door closed over listening to Alice in Chains. Maybe I won't break anything else before I go home.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

Hugs, Linda. I hate days like that, and I hope it got better...